Best Keto Chaffles! Low Carb Churro Chaffle Idea â€“ Homemade â€“ Quick & Easy Ketogenic Diet Recipe â€“ Completely Keto Friendly
Keto chaffles have never tasted so good!
A low carb keto churro chaffle recipe you will fall in love with!
Super easy keto chaffle recipe topped with cinnamon and sugar.
These taste so amazing and just like a churro.
If you are looking for an easy keto recipe this is the chaffle recipe for you.
Mix up this recipe in under 5 minutes then bake in your waffle maker – super simple.
You can enjoy these as keto breakfast, keto desserts or sweet treat.
If you have family, kids or friends that don’t follow a ketogenic diet they will even love these and ask you to make them over and over again.
Follow the step by step instructions to make the best keto chaffles.
Learn how to make keto chaffles now!
What is the best waffle maker to use?
I recommend a mini waffle maker – this one here works great – check it out
Check out these other
Keto Chaffle Recipes
Keto Caramel Chaffle
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chaffle
Keto Sandwich Italian Garlic And Herb Chaffle
Keto Sandwich BLT Chaffle
Keto Pizza Chaffle
This Keto Chaffle is full of amazing flavors that have you looking forward to breakfast or brunch. This delicious dish has all the looks and textures of a waffle without the high carb content. Loaded with all the tastes of a churro, youâ€™ll have a hard time believing youâ€™re eating a healthy meal.
If youâ€™ve never heard of a chaffle, youâ€™re missing out, especially if you follow a keto lifestyle. Switching to a healthier lifestyle can take some getting used to. However, thatâ€™s why itâ€™s so exciting to come across recipes that mix things up. Dishes can get boring and monotonous when it comes to dieting. It doesnâ€™t have to be that way.
A keto chaffle recipe is made by mixing cheese and eggs together, while cooking it in a waffle form. Of course, this is just the base of a chaffle. There are many flavor combinations and ways to make a chaffle. Since I fell in love with them, I decided to make my own which is when I came up with this cinnamon laden, low carb chaffle.
How Do You Make a Keto Chaffle?
Youâ€™ll want to begin by preheating your waffle maker. Mini waffle makers work the best however, any waffle maker will do. Combine all of the ingredients except the brown sugar substitute, the butter, and half of the cinnamon, in a small bowl. Once your waffle maker is ready to start cooking, pour half of the batter onto the cooking plate. Once the first low carb chaffle is finished, place the other half of the batter on the cooking plate. Cut the chaffles into strips and pour the melted butter, evenly, over the top of them. Mix the two remaining ingredients together and toss it with your chaffle strips to coat them evenly.
Tips for Making a Keto Chaffle
- A bit of melted cream cheese would work great as a dipping sauce for this keto chaffle recipe. In fact, any keto dessert dipping sauce would go well with these.
- If you spread the batter thinner once itâ€™s in the waffle maker, this will make the chaffles turn out thinner and crispier. Keep this in mind when spreading the batter and keep it thicker if you want fluffier and thicker chaffles.
- You can make the outside of the chaffle crispier by cooking it a bit longer than the waffle iron will indicate. Usually, waffle irons have an indicator light. If the chaffle isnâ€™t to your desired crispiness when this light goes off, simply let it cook a bit longer, but only for around 30 seconds as you donâ€™t want it to burn.
- The chaffle batter doesnâ€™t have to be in a perfect shape to turn out good. Start by pouring the batter in the center and lightly spreading it. If the shape is strange, thatâ€™s ok, youâ€™ll be cutting it into strips anyways.
- You may want to use a nonstick spray or some butter on your waffle iron so the chaffle doesnâ€™t stick.
- Donâ€™t lift the lid of the waffle maker before the indicator light goes off. This can cause your chaffle to turn into a sticky mess. It also will separate the chaffle into two separate pieces, causing it to be just about worthless. Once this happens, itâ€™s difficult to get the chaffle out without it being in multiple pieces.
How to make keto chaffles
Preheat your mini waffle maker.
Add the egg, almond flour
Â½ tsp of cinnamon
shredded mozzarella and the Swerve confectioners sugar substitute into a bowl, and mix to combine well.
Place an even layer of half of the mixture into the mini waffle maker, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until your desired level of doneness has been reached. A longer cook time will give you a crispier chaffle.
Remove the first chaffle from the mini waffle maker, and place the second half of the batter into it. Cook the second chaffle for 3-5 minutes.
Mix together the Swerve brown sugar substitute and the remaining Â½ tsp of cinnamon in a bowl to combine well.
Cut the two chaffles into strips.
Place the cut strips into a bowl and cover in the melted butter.
Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the churro chaffle strips in the mixing bowl, and toss to coat them well.
If you love this keto chaffle recipe then check out these
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chaffle
Keto Chaffles – BLT Sandwich
Keto Italian Garlic And Herb Chaffle
Common Questions About Keto Chaffle
Why is it Called a Chaffle?
The name â€œchaffleâ€ is a mixture of two words â€œcheeseâ€ and â€œwaffle.â€ This is because a keto chaffle is mostly made of cheese and eggs, then cooked in a waffle maker, so it turns out looking just like a waffle. However, traditional waffles are made with a bread base while chaffles are not, which is why theyâ€™re so low carb. The only connection to waffles they have are how they look and how theyâ€™re cooked. Itâ€™s a pretty fun name and I guarantee youâ€™ll enjoy saying it.
Can You Freeze Chaffles?
From what Iâ€™ve gathered so far, chaffles freeze pretty well. Youâ€™ll want to store them in an airtight container and maybe even wrap them in plastic before doing so. Chaffles can be frozen for up to a month. You can reheat them by placing them in the microwave for a few seconds or even in the oven for a few minutes. If theyâ€™re too dried out upon reheating, you can try placing a moist paper towel over them in the microwave. This will allow them to absorb some extra moisture if need be.
What Do You Use to Make Chaffles?
A waffle iron of any kind can be used to make a chaffle. However, some waffle irons may be more flat than grooved and these seem to not work as well when making chaffles. I have had the best luck with using a mini waffle maker when cooking my chaffles. However, I have seen them be successful in waffle makers of all sizes and shapes. The batter is much different in comparison to a traditional waffle. So, making them a bigger size doesnâ€™t always turn out the best. This is why a mini waffle maker has always been my go-to. It helps me gauge the size of the chaffle without too much trouble.
Whether youâ€™re look for a wholesome snack or a delicious breakfast/brunch, chaffles are where itâ€™s at. Theyâ€™re super easy to toss together and they cook fast. Plus, theyâ€™re a ton of fun to customize because you can make up your own flavor combinations. So, when youâ€™re searching for a recipe to mix up your diet plan without falling off the wagon, give this Keto Chaffle a try.
If you loved this recipe, youâ€™re sure to love these other keto recipes as well!
- Keto Milkshake
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Muffins
- Keto Lemon Fat Bomb
- Keto Chocolate Fat Bomb
- Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT ðŸ“Œ
ðŸ“Œ FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Almond flour
- Â½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon divided
- Â¼ tsp. Baking powder
- Â½ C. Shredded mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp. Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp. Butter melted
- Preheat your mini waffle maker.
- Add the egg, almond flour, vanilla extract, Â½ tsp of cinnamon, baking powder, shredded mozzarella and the Swerve confectioners sugar substitute into a bowl, and mix to combine well.
- Place an even layer of half of the mixture into the mini waffle maker, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until your desired level of doneness has been reached. A longer cook time will give you a crispier chaffle.
- Remove the first chaffle from the mini waffle maker, and place the second half of the batter into it. Cook the second chaffle for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the two chaffles into strips.
- Place the cut strips into a bowl and cover in the melted butter.
- Mix together the Swerve brown sugar substitute and the remaining Â½ tsp of cinnamon in a bowl to combine well.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the churro chaffle strips in the mixing bowl, and toss to coat them well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-10 minutes
Net Carbs: 4 net carbs